Water, sanitation, hygiene, and environment are fundamental to improving standards of living for people. The improved standards made possible by this thematic area include, among others, better physical health, protection of the environment, better educational outcomes, convenience time savings, assurance of lives lived with dignity, and equal treatment for both men and women. DCI provided water and sanitation services to deprived population of Baluchistan province and Afghan refugees in Pakistan in collaboration with various development partners. Similarly, DCI has worked closely with the government agencies and other environment focused initiatives to promote environmental regeneration. Major achievements under this thematic area are described below.
- Conducted adolescent girls counseling sessions for Afghan refugee adolescent girls in camps in Baluchistan after the refugee influx in the aftermath of Afghan war 2001.
- Distributed health and hygiene kits to Afghan refugee adolescent girls.
- Constructed toilets and washrooms for families affected by the flood of 2010 in Baluchistan.
- Installed water bowsers in flood affected communities to improve WASH.
- Delivered counseling sessions to Afghan refugee adolescent girls: 800
- Distributed health and hygiene kits to Afghan refugee adolescent girls: 300
- Constructed toilets and washrooms for flood affected families: 300
- Installed water bowsers in flood affected communities to improve WASH: 500
Pakistan: 2 Districts of Baluchistan Province
UNHCR, Private Donors