Development Catalyst International (DCI) formerly known as “Change Thru Empowerment” is an international development organization, dedicated to improving education, youth development, governance, economic conditions and respond to humanitarian crisis. It focuses on forming inclusive educational systems, developing sustainable economic growth, promoting free and fair elections, good governance, engaging youth and offering ICT solutions to the community and economic development problems triggered by ineffective governance, and instability in both development and emergency contexts.
DCI seeks qualified Project Director candidates to manage and provide leadership to an anticipated 2-years “National Unity Project” funded by the U.S. Embassy, Kabul, Afghanistan. The Project Director will be based in Kabul and work closely with the Home Office and local partner organizations to ensure that the project meets its goal to create dialogue, enhance understanding, and galvanize the Afghan population in support of peace and reconciliation. S/he will be responsible for the overall performance of the project, including meeting project goals and objectives, ensuring project finances are properly utilized, compliance with the USG regulations, and other tasks, as assigned.
- Ensure high quality project deliverables and results are being met, including providing technical oversight and supervision to Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, internal and donor reports and assessments.
- Oversees development of project strategy and work plans in coordination with the donor.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders to ensure that project activities are relevant, adaptive, and sustainable.
- Serves as a primary point of contact with donor on programmatic issues, maintaining effective relations and coordination with the donor and implementing partners.
- Supervises planning, development of processes, and overall project operations.
- Work closely with the Home Office and implementing partners in establishing project protocols and procedures compliant with organizational policies and procedures and donor’s regulations.
- Ensure quality control for all aspects of the project including overall financial planning and management.
- Ensures that activities are implemented and on track as per project requirements and that deliverables are high quality and responsive to the donor’s requirements.
- Accountable for all areas of project budget to ensure accuracy in projections, forecasting and modifications (realignments, cost, and no cost extensions, etc.).
- Ensure all fiscal and performance activities are in compliance with the organizational policies and procedures and donor regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree with 8 years of work experience in relevant field required, Master’s preferred.
- Experience and expertise in the implementation of national awareness raising campaigns preferred.
- Experience in gender, social inclusion, and peace programming preferred.
- Experience of working with the USAID and/or any other USG Department preferred.
- Successful record of supervising, designing, and implementing donor-funded technical assistance programs, with strong preference for USG funded project management experience.
- Proven leadership qualities and excellent management skills.
- Strong writing skills, including donor reporting and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to interact effectively with partners, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Fluency in English and Both National Languages (Dari and Pashto) required.