Professional Development Advisor
Young Leaders Program
Development Catalyst International (DCI) formerly known as “Change Thru Empowerment” is an international development organization, dedicated to improving education, youth development, governance, economic conditions and respond to humanitarian crisis. It focuses on forming inclusive educational systems, developing sustainable economic growth, promoting free and fair elections, good governance, engaging youth and offering ICT solutions to the community and economic development problems triggered by ineffective governance, and instability in both development and emergency contexts.
DCI seeks qualified Professional Development Advisor (PDA) candidates to support and provide technical expertise to an anticipated 4-years “Young Leaders Program” funded by the U.S. Department of State. The PDA will be based in Tunis and work closely with the Chief of Party, Implementing Partners, Training Institutes and Private Sector to ensure institutional development and capacity building of training providers to equip youth with the in-demand skills and private sector partners are willing to clarify needed skills and provide internship, apprenticeship, and job opportunities for graduates of the program. S/he will be responsible for identifying private sector partners, providing needed skills and placement opportunities for the Tunisian youths and timely completion of program activities and other tasks, as assigned.
This position is contingent on the funding. Tunisian candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Design and manage all activities to improve the curricula and institutional capacity of training providers to equip youth with the in-demand skills.
- Provide analysis, advice, and implementation assistance on training and HR development strategies and organizational capacity building.
- Coordinate accreditation and curriculum development activities, including developing demand-driven teaching materials and innovative mobile and ICT based curricula, methodologies, and tools.
- Integrates work readiness skills into training curriculum; ensures alignment between course content, academic planning, and extracurricular activities.
- Ensure to engage private sector, provide needed skills and create opportunities for the internship, apprenticeship, and job opportunities for graduates of the program.
- Develop strategy and work plans in coordination with the COP, Implementing Partners, Private Sector and Donor.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders to ensure that project activities are relevant, adaptive, and sustainable.
- Develops linkages to leverage resources and strategies for sustainability of institutions and higher youth employment; builds institutional capacity to maintain linkages.
- Serves as a primary point of contact with the private sector partners, maintaining effective relations and coordination on providing needed skills and creating employment opportunities for the youth.
- Work closely with the COP, Implementing Partners, Professional Development Institutes and Private Sector in establishing protocols and procedures compliant with donor’s regulations.
- Ensures that activities are implemented and on track as per project requirements and that deliverables are high quality and responsive to the donor’s requirements.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with 8 years of work experience in relevant field required, Master’s preferred.
- Experience and expertise in implementation of youth development projects preferred.
- Experience in gender, social inclusion, and education programming preferred.
- Experience of working with the USAID and/or U.S. Department of State preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with partners, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Proven technical and management skills.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.