National Unity Project
Development Catalyst International (DCI) formerly known as “Change Thru Empowerment” is an international development organization, dedicated to improving education, youth development, governance, economic conditions and respond to humanitarian crisis. It focuses on forming inclusive educational systems, developing sustainable economic growth, promoting free and fair elections, good governance, engaging youth and offering ICT solutions to the community and economic development problems triggered by ineffective governance, and instability in both development and emergency contexts.
DCI seeks M&E Manager candidates for an anticipated project in Afghanistan. The M&E Manager will be responsible for supporting and managing the M&E function of the project. S/he will support the PD in efficiently and effectively implementing the M&E system, ensuring compliances with regards to data needs, reporting and data quality. S/he will also manage the team responsible for M&E and data management. S/he will be expected to ensure performance indicators and output, outcome and impact data are collected and prepared properly in targeted geographic and thematic areas. S/he will provide the leadership to the M&E team and would report to the Project Director.
This position is contingent on the funding. Afghan nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
- Work closely with the PD, Home Office, Implementing Partners and Donor to establish coordinated data collection processes, standards for the entire project as required to meet monitoring, evaluation, and reporting needs.
- Undertake necessary measures to keep the PMP updated and provide technical support in revision of PMP, indicators and targets.
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation systems are well maintained and fully functioning throughout the project duration and adjusted when required by changing program needs.
- Ensure that data collection processes guarantee high-quality data in accordance with the agreed time plan and data collection strategy.
- In coordination with team, analyze and summarize data, and help ensure high-quality reporting for regular weekly, quarterly, annual and final report.
- Develop M&E monthly plans and track the progress against planned activities.
- Lead M&E staff in managing their work and provide required mentoring to enhance team’s ability to deliver efficiently and effectively.
- Undertake data quality assessments periodically and ensure that evidence-based reporting system is implemented within the NUP across all partners.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the partners’ relevant staff as and when required.
- Take part in training opportunities to increase knowledge of M&E protocols and practice.
- Coordinate with other teams within the project regarding data management and evidence checks.
- Explore the ways for use context-friendly technologies for knowledge management.
- Adhere to child protection and gender-sensitivity policies and practices.
- Abide by all organizational policies and procedures and donor regulations related to M&E.
- Any other task related to M&E assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 8 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- At least 4 years of work experience in USG funded projects is an essential requirement.
- Strong computer skills particularly in MS Excel, MS Power Point applications is a must.
- Well familiar with project environments and requirements of working in diverse environment.
- Ability to travel to the remote areas where NUP interventions are being implemented.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to lead the team in effective manner.
- Ability to work in pressure and meet emerging monitoring needs of the project.
- Very strong written and spoken skills in English.
- Written and spoken skills in National languages is a must.