Development Catalyst International (DCI) formerly known as “Change Thru Empowerment” is an international development organization, dedicated to improving education, youth development, governance, economic conditions and respond to humanitarian crisis. It focuses on forming inclusive educational systems, developing sustainable economic growth, promoting free and fair elections, good governance, engaging youth and offering ICT solutions to the community and economic development problems triggered by ineffective governance, and instability in both development and emergency contexts.
DCI is seeking a Manager Finance and Operations (MFO) on an anticipated project in Tunisia. The MFO will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of financial management, procurement, and operations, including systems implementation, budgeting, expenditures tracking, and financial reporting. S/he will be responsible for ensuring compliance with organizational policies and procedures and donor regulations. S/he will lead coordination in the areas stated above with the COP, Home Office, and implementing partners. S/he will lead budget development, award monitoring and compliance, procurement, and logistics in the field.
This position is contingent on the funding. Tunisian candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Lead all project finances and operations, including general administrative processes, financial management, procurement, administration, human resources, IT and logistics.
- Establish and maintain sound and transparent accounting and fiscal control procedures; be able to detect and swiftly deal with any issues of fraud and/or corruption.
- Ensure compliance of financial and operations systems with DCI policies and procedures, donor regulations and local laws.
- Works closely with COP, technical staff, Home Office staff and appropriate donor’s staff when necessary to ensure project resources are effectively and efficiently budgeted, analyzed, disbursed, monitored, and reported in achieving project objectives and results.
- When necessary, work closely with key DCI staff, implementing partners, private sector, and donor to ensure full compliance with local laws, i.e., labor, taxes, customs, registration, etc.
- Liaise between DCI Home Office and the field office on financial and procurement matters.
- Regularly analyze and forecast project expenses.
- Work on and monitor sub-award implementation and management in coordination with other staff in the field and Home Office.
- Advise senior leadership on financial and operations-related matters.
- Provide training and guidance on procurement, managing project expenses to annual work plan and contract budgets.
- Preparation and submission of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Supervise the project’s administrative staff, providing oversight to overall project management and human resources functions.
- Prepare monthly cash requirements, monitoring cash flow and reconciles cash accounts in order to maintain appropriate cash balances.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial management.
- Manage and mitigate risk through monitoring national and regional issues that may impact staff and programming and ensure all staff understand and adhere to DCI staff safety and security policies and plans.
- Supervise and train other project-based administrative, finance, and procurement, staff.
- Coordinate and oversee the operation of project field offices.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Five years proven leadership of similar sized international donor programs with strong skills in strategic planning, management, supervision, procurement and budgeting.
- Knowledge of applicable USG assistance, rules and regulations, as well as administrative policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications plus working knowledge of accounting and procurement software (particularly QuickBooks) is preferable.
- Demonstrated skills in building, mobilizing, and leading multidisciplinary teams.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, and with multiple concurrent demands.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel and work in difficult terrain/conditions at times.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic is required.
|Job Category||Admin & Finance|