Development Catalyst International (DCI) formerly known as “Change Thru Empowerment” is an international development organization, dedicated to improving education, youth development, governance, economic conditions and respond to humanitarian crisis. It focuses on forming inclusive educational systems, developing sustainable economic growth, promoting free and fair elections, good governance, engaging youth and offering ICT solutions to the community and economic development problems triggered by ineffective governance, and instability in both development and emergency contexts.
DCI seeks qualified Finance Manager candidates for an anticipated project in Afghanistan. The FM will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of financial management, procurement, and operations, including systems implementation, budgeting, expenditures tracking, and financial reporting. S/he will be responsible for ensuring compliance with organizational policies and procedures and donor regulations. S/he will lead coordination in the areas stated above with the PD, Home Office, and implementing partners. S/he will lead budget development, award monitoring and compliance, procurement, and logistics in the field.
This position is contingent on the funding. Afghan nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
- Establish and maintain sound and transparent accounting and fiscal control procedures; be able to detect and swiftly deal with any issues of fraud and/or corruption.
- Ensure compliance of financial and operations systems with DCI policies and procedures, donor regulations and local laws.
- Works closely with PD, Home Office and appropriate donor’s staff when necessary to ensure project resources are effectively and efficiently budgeted, analyzed, disbursed, monitored, and reported in achieving project objectives and results.
- When necessary, work closely with key DCI staff, implementing partners and donor to ensure full compliance with local laws, i.e., labor, taxes, customs, registration, etc.
- Liaise between DCI Home Office and the field office on financial and administrative matters.
- Regularly analyze and forecast project expenses.
- Work on and monitor sub-award implementation and management in coordination with other staff in the field and Home Office.
- Provide training and guidance on procurement, managing project expenses to annual work plan and contract budgets.
- Preparation and submission of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Prepare monthly cash requirements, monitoring cash flow and reconciles cash accounts in order to maintain appropriate cash balances.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial management.
- Supervise and train finance staff.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Five years proven leadership of similar sized international donor programs with strong skills in strategic planning, management, supervision, procurement and budgeting.
- Knowledge of applicable USG assistance, rules and regulations, as well as administrative policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications plus working knowledge of accounting and procurement software (particularly QuickBooks) is preferable.
- Demonstrated skills in building, mobilizing, and leading multidisciplinary teams.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, and with multiple concurrent demands.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel and work in difficult terrain/conditions at times.
- Fluency in English and Both National Languages (Dari and Pashto) required.
|Job Category||Admin & Finance|